The purpose of the Diversity Caucus shall be to:
- Make recommendations to the Executive Committee of TED on matters pertaining to diversity issues which relate to special education, teacher education and the profession in the preparation of teachers for student diversity and to the recruitment and retention of faculty and students from under-represented groups.
- Implement opportunities for TED members to expand their knowledge base and comprehension related to preparing teachers to work with groups from diverse backgrounds and the recruitment/retention of faculty and students from under-represented groups.
- Facilitate collaboration between TED, other divisions of CEC, and other education-related organizations in order to work jointly with these organizations in preparing teachers to work with groups from diverse backgrounds and the inclusion of students with disabilities in general education classes.
- Encourage active participation of under represented groups in TED membership and leadership.
- Disseminate information and encourage research related to the preparation of teachers to work with groups from diverse backgrounds and the recruitment/retention of faculty and students from under-represented groups.
- Make recommendations to other divisions of CEC regarding issues related to the preparation of teachers to work with groups from diverse backgrounds.
- Engage in grant writing or other efforts to solicit funding to support the functions of the caucus.
For more information about the Diversity Caucus, please contact the Chair, Dr. Dia Jackson
The Small Special Education Programs Caucus (SSEPC)
The Small Special Education Programs Caucus (SSEPC) is an organization devoted to helping support faculty who work in small special education programs at colleges and universities. Members also include educators who work in state departments of education, as well as educators who are employed in the private sector.
Members of SSEPC collaborate with each other in joint professional development activities, and conduct research activities aimed at investigating issues related to working in small programs. Information regarding small programs is disseminated through Caucus activities.
For more information about the Small Special Education Programs Caucus, please contact the Chair, Dr. Shantel Farnan
Online writing Retreats:
The Small Special Education Program Caucus (SSEPC) is pleased to announce a collaboration with the Early Career Faculty SIG, Early Childhood Faculty SIG, and Diversity Caucus to provide online writing retreats throughout the academic year.
Sept 10 (10:00 AM-1:00 PM)
Sept 30 (1:00 PM- 4:00 PM)
Oct 16 (10:00 AM-1:00 PM)
Oct 29 (1:00 PM- 4:00 PM)
Jan 28 (10:00 AM-1:00 PM)
Feb 17 (1:00 PM- 4:00 PM)
Apr 1st (10:00 AM-1:00 PM)
April 21 (1:00 PM- 4:00 PM)
All sessions are Eastern Standard time. There will be a total of 8 sessions open to TED members, each hosted by one of the Caucuses or SIGs. You may attend one, some, or all. You have the option of just check-in/check-out, using a group to collaborate, or “stay in the room” and write.
All events are open to SSEPC members and TED members. Due to unwanted online/virtual interruptions, we are requiring registration for all events. Once you register, you will be sent the link and password for the event a few days prior to each event.