- Special Interest Groups (SIGs)
- State Subdivisions
Here are the answers to Frequently Asked Questions about TED 2020:
1. When will proposals open/What is the deadline for proposals? Proposals will be open April 1-June 1, 2020. We will not accept late proposals.
2. When will I receive notification about my proposal status? Presenters will be notified by August 15, 2020 about their proposal status.
3. When does registration open? Registration opens April 1, 2020. Please remember, all presenters must register by September 15, 2019 to be included in the program.
4. When can I book my hotel room? The hotel block is open NOW. You must use this link to receive the TED 2020 conference rate: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/group-booking/LGBRL/G-CHLD.
5. When does the conference begin and end? The Opening Session is at 4:30 PM on Tuesday, November 3 and the conference closes at noon on Friday, November 6. The full schedule will be provided after October 1, once we have ensured all presenters have registered.
6. I do not seem to be getting emails. What should I do? Please check your spam folder and make sure your profile has been updated if you have a different employer than when you joined CEC.
7. What AV will be provided for my session? TED will provide AV for all Single Papers and Multiple Paper/Panel Presentations. This includes a projector and screen. We suggest you bring your own connectors to hook up to the projector. Conversation Sessions and Interactive Posters will not have any forms of AV (including projectors) provided.
8. How long is my session? How long is my session? Single Papers, Conversation Sessions, and Interactive Posters are 50 minutes. Other session types range from 15-45 minutes depending on the number of presenters.
9. How big should my poster be? Posters for Interactive Papers and Kaleidoscope should be a minimum of 36″ x 48″. TED will provide poster boards and tacks.
10. Where do I get a receipt for my registration? Please check the email affiliated with your TED account, as receipts are sent when you register for the conference. Still need a copy of your receipt? Please log into your TED account, then look on the left side of the page. You will see a heading for Invoices, so click on the link, and you should find your invoice. (NOTE #1: This works only if you registered yourself using your TED account email. If someone else registered you or a guest log in was used, then the receipt will not go to you or in your account. NOTE#2: We changed vendors and no longer have access to invoices.)
11. Where can I find the TED 2019 program to document my presentation? Please check the “Past Conferences” page on the TED website: https://tedcec.org/conferences/past-conferences/.