Conference Advisory Committee
Chair: TED President, Dr. Mary Brownell
The Conference Advisory Committee makes recommendations and oversees the program and logistics for the TED activities and Professional Development events. For each of these conferences/conventions/events, a sub-committee working on the program and logistics is also created.
The Conference Advisory Committee is responsible for coordinating these activities and all the planning involved. Specific functions include:
- Recommendations to the Executive Committee in regards to:
- Locations of TED conferences.
- Local arrangements for the TED conferences.
- Themes for conferences, topical priorities for programs, and formats for programs.
- Assuring all conferences are evaluated.
- Responsibility for implementing Divisional policies pertaining to managing and accounting for finances related to conferences.
- Maintaining and updating the TED Conference Planning Handbook and for distributing copies to identified local arrangements coordinators and/or program chairpersons.
- Responsibility for all other activities pertaining to conferences/conventions/ professional development assigned by the Executive Committee.
For more information, contact Dr. Mary Brownell